I'm excited to be back to share a little tutorial I did using Lily's Wedding Kit, my Big Shot, my Top Note Die AND my Cuttlebug Swirls Embossing folder! I was soo inspired by last week's challenge using transparencies, that I incorporated them into my book also!
My Mr Gorgeous whisked me off to Paris right after Christmas (my Christmas gift!! what a dream!!) and I wanted to create a little book I could share with friends without having them look at my 500+ pics! So I created this Mini Hybrid Book to share with them...
To read how I created this, hop on over to my blog at Sally's Ponderings and read all about it...with pics, too!!
Hello! This is Christine, your Senior Design Team member
I would like to thank Maggie for the opportunity to share the process that I went through in creating the following hybrid layout today. I was able to use the gorgeous Wedding Kit by our sponsor, Lily Designs.
1. The kit is packed full of wonderful digital papers and elements, and I used two of them for this project. I printed a digital shaped paper and an embellished digital file folder on letter sized (8.5" x 11") paper (see Photo 1).
2. I cut the shaped paper and adhered it to the 12"x12" carstock that I used as my background paper (see Photo 2).
3. I cut a piece of patterned paper and distressed the edges using a Tim Holtz edge distressing tool. I adhered this piece of patterned paper to the layout and then zig-zag stitched along the left side and top of the paper. I used a straight stitch along the right side and bottom of the patterned paper (see Photo 3).
4. I trimmed around the printed digital file folder and adhered this image to the layout (see Photo 4).
5. I printed my photo and adhered this photo on top of the digital file folder image on the layout (see Photo 5).
6. Next, I added a piece of lace to the right of the file folder and added an embellishment from Melissa Frances (see Photo 6).
7. I arranged a group of flowers on the left corner of the file folder (see Photo 7).
8. Next, I added rhinestone centers to the flowers and added the crystal swirls around the flowers and file folder on the layout (see Photo 8).
Here's another look at the completed layout:
I hope you enjoyed reading about and seeing my creative process! If you have any questions about this layout, please feel free ask! I can be contacted through my blog at creativejourney.typepad.com.
Winner will be announced on Thursday :)
Wednesday Valerie Salmon Contributing Editor to Scrapbook etc magazine will be here with A great Sketch :)