CREATE DIFFERENT SHAPES OF CARDS
The DT contribution this week is fabulous! I was so anxious to show you their cards.
Every card that arrived in my inbox was a different shape.
Can you guys can come up with more shapes than we already have? I am looking forward to seeing your ideas for this challenge. Please scroll down to the bottom of this post for sign up instructions.
Now on to this weeks showcase:
This first bottle shape invitation card is brought to you by our DT member
Here are her instructions:
This is a super easy card to reproduce! You'll need....
- Cuttlebug (or Big Shot)
- 6" x 7" piece of CS for the bottle (I used Stampin' Up!'s new Taste of Textiles paper)
- 2" x 2-5/8" piece of CS for the label (I used Paper Tempress's Deckled Brockway in White)
- scrap of copper shimmer paper
- 2 - 2" x 3" piece of CS for the larger oval and embellishment to match the bottle
- 2" x 3" piece of CS for the smaller oval to match the label
- I also added a piece of white paper inside the card to add party details.
- "Sincere Salutations" stamp set by Stampin' Up!
- Copper Ink
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Walnut Stain
- Classic Oval Nestabilities by Spellbinders
- "Symbology" Shapeabilities by Spellbinders
1) Print the template houseofstirfry.com. I printed it as a 5X7 picture, which makes the card approx. 2-3/4" x 7-1/4".
2) Fold the CS for the bottle in half lengthwise so your paper is 3" x 7".
3) Cut out and trace the template onto the CS, then cut out the shape. Rub/Sponge "Walnut Stain" ink around the edges.
4) To make the label, score 1 line at the top of the label and 2 lines 1/4" apart at the bottom using a Scor-Pal
5) To make the foil topper, take your copper paper (at least 2" long) and trace the top of the bottle onto it. Cut out the shape and add score lines to resemble where the bottle would widen at the top using a Scor-Pal. Rub front with distress ink
6) Using the Nestabilities, cut 2 ovals (one the size larger) for the "You're Invited" label. If using the Cuttlebug the sandwich is ... A plate, C plate, Spellbinders Die ridge up, cardstock, B plate. If using the Big Shot the sandwich is ... Multi-purpose platform with both tabs down, cutting plate, 1 shim if needed since each machine is a little different, die cutting ridge up, cardstock, cutting plate.
7) Stamp "You're Invited" onto the white smaller oval.
8) To make the embellishment run the "Symbology" die through with the same paper you used for the bottle. Use the same sandwiches as above. Before removing it from the die, lightly sponge on "Walnut Stain" ink.
9) Assemble. The oval sentiment is set up on mini dots for dimension.
The second card we decided to show you today is designed by the talented senior DT member and one of my favorite card makers, Christine Penaflor from Creative Journey.
Here are the instructions for the card:
1. Create a 6x6 card base from cream cardstock. Die cut the card base using an Accucut heart shaped die making sure to keep the crease inside of the die so that it retrains a fold for the card.
2. Die cut ten of the "thanks" sentiment from cream cardstock. Brush on Angel Wings Shimmerz on each sentiment. Die cut one "thanks" sentiment from red glittered paper. Punch mini hearts from glittered paper. Adhere sentiments and hearts to the card as shown in the photo.
3. Adhere mini alphabet letters to red glittered paper and trim. Adhere this sentiment to the card as shown to complete.
Now go visit the rest of the design team ideas and come back to show us what you come up with for this challenge.
There will be a little prize to win too, and the honor of being nominated Cuttlebug Challenge Card of the Week. Even if you don't win, we will feature all the entries on the Cuttlebug Challenge blog so everyone can take a blog hop to see all the shape cards created by the readers.
Scrapbook layouts are welcome too.
Tracy Pounds (open)
Jenn Koss (open)
Instructions for submitting your cards to our chalenges:
- Link ONLY to webpages, not directly to image files.
- ONLY post links directly to your project. NOT to your blog.
- If you don't have a blog, you can link to your online galleries (like Splitcoaststampers)
- Keyword for uploading your cards in online galleries is: CBI18
To get the correct link:
Access your blog/gallery entry, click on your post's title. On the address bar you should see the link similar to below.
For example, notice it's a long address.http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/2009/01/cuttlebug-fab-fridays-1.html.
Please DO NOT post http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com.
Come back tomorrow for a showcase of your creations for Be inspired #17: LOVE CARDS!
And don't forget to spread the word and add Cuttlebug Challenge to your blog roll.
Have a wonderful Weekend,