Bookmark of Love
Hello! good Monday to each of you, Odette here!
Welcome to one of the January DT Tutorials. Today I'll share with you how I made this simple bookmark using "Welcome Baby" embossing folders from Provo Craft. I love reading and I know there's a month set aside for books, for me seems like a strange event, doesn't it? ... I mean, shouldn't books be an everyday thing? :)
- Cardstock: pink, white and kraft color
- Patterned paper
- Buttons and cord
- Stamp, Ink
- 1 1/8" circle and 1 5/8 scallop circle Nestabilities
- Other: rub-on, glue dots, dimensional
- Start off by cutting two pieces of Kraft cardstock measuring 8" x 2 1/2" and 7 7/8" x 2 3/8". Take the piece that measures 7 7/8" x 2 3/8" and emboss it as you see in the picture, you will have to emboss it twice because of the size of the rectangle. Glue it and adhere it to the part that measures 8" x 2 1/2".
- Cut pink cardstock at 5 1/8" x 1 7/8", and patterned paper at 5" x 1 6/8". Glue patterned paper and put it on top of pink cardstock, then ink the edges (I used Creamy Brown Color Box Chalk). Add dimensionl and adhere it to the top of the kraft cardstock part.
- Stamp the image and sentiment you are going to use (I used PTI "Tiny Treats:Valentine" stamps for the image and Making Memories rub-on for the sentiment). Cut a 1 7/8" scallop circle and emboss it. Then cut the image out with the 1 1/8" circle and add dimensional, finally adhere it to the pink scallop circle.
- Take your bottons and put small Add the buttons and put your stamp image on the center of the bookmark, then ink the edges with white chalk, I used Frost White Color Box chalk.
And ... you're done!!
We would love to hear what you think of this project, so leave us a comment! Plus don't forget to add our blinkie to your blog and sign up as a follower. And ... stay tuned for our weekly challenge, this Wednesday!
Have a wonderful week!