It’s my friend’s birthday tomorrow she turns 64 and I wanted to create something pretty for her as a gift, that will make her smile. She’s been pondering how fast time goes by and that each day should d be a celebration of a life well live.
speaking of celebration Cinco de Mayo is this weekend, what are your plans? will you be having a party or attending one?
It’s Summer time which means time to spruce up your space I created this whimsical pillow for her birthday. I was at Rob and Stuckey found a gorgeous pillow I fell in luv with unfortunately at a price tag of $125.00 I couldn’t afford. However I was able to create this rosette pillow for under $5.00
Pillow form, fabri tac glue
Fat quarter fabrics
Thread, needle, button
- Select the fabric you want to use.
- Measure the pillow form
- Cut fabric the pillow form size and add 2 inches all around , sew 3 sides leaving the bottom open to insert the form.
Creating the rosette:
You will need to select 3 fabrics
- Cut 2 inch strips from the fabrics
- Sew each end of the strips together to create a very long strip.
- Slip stich the top of the trips to create a soft ruffle.
- Assemble into a circle, glue onto the pillow.
- Add the remaining strips to form the rosette and glue down using fabri tac.
- Cut 3 circles from the remaining fabric, add button to the center.
- Add to the center of the rosette using fabri tac glue, let dry for 1 hour.
- Slip the pillow onto the cover and slip stich the bottom.
Voila a beautiful rosette pillow for my friend’s birthday!
Congrats to all the ladies and here’s your badge for your blog…
Our top 5 linking spotlight! Please click on the pictures to visit their blogs!
Have a great day,
PS. Don’t forget to sign up to be follower we are looking for #5675 if it’s you email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on Pinterest as well :) there's a small pin button below feel free to add these to your boards.
Here’s the link of the Linking Party for your twitter, Facebook, and blogs!